Sunday, June 14, 2009



This past week our beautiful grandaughter Shelby participated in her first ever HORSE SHOW!! I was sick, so I missed it, but her Daddy took lots of pix. She is living my dream. Some of you may remember that I grew up around horses, but was the baby girl, and never rode. I have taken a few lessons as an adult and enjoy it emmensely, but as most of my passions seem to do, it died a slow and painful death. Seeing her pix make me want to saddle up and head out of Dodge though. Isn't Shelby incredible? She has always been so graceful - and now even on a horse. It makes me glad that they moved to the boonies afterall, even though we don't get to see them very often.





So, check this beauty out - and I don't mean the horse!!



In case you have a burning desire to know the horse's name, it is POCO. They have two horses.




Isn't it funny how our grandchildren can make us smile? Mine do.





And at the end of the day - life is wonderful if we find joy in stuff like this - stinky horses, dirty faces, sticky furniture, scattered toys from "hell to breakfast" (as my mother would say!) and kids that love to come to Mimi and Pops' house. I think I'll stop feeling sorry for myself.

1 comment:

Nana & Papa of 16 said...

Wow, I didn't know Cody had horses. Shelly is beautiful and looks like she was born to ride:-)